The Australian Government released a new citizenship test that commenced on the 1st of October 2007. Through various ways and means we have obtained a copy of the “real” test that best covers the required knowledge of Aussie cul-cha, mate.
Aussie Citizenship Test
2. Explain the following passage: “In the arvo last Chrissy the relos rocked up for a barbie, some bevvies and a few snags. After a bit of a Bex and a lie down we opened the pressies, scoffed all the chockies, bickies and lollies. Then we drained a few tinnies and Mum did her block after Dad and Steve had a barney and a bit of biffo.”
3. Macca, Chooka and Wanger are driving to Surfers in their Torana. If they are travelling at 100 km/h while listening to Barnsey, Farnsey and Acey Decey, how many slabs will each person on average consume?
4. I’ve had a gutful and I can’t be bothered. Discuss
5. Have you ever been on the giving or receiving end of a wedgie?
6. Do you have a friend or relative who has a car in their front yard “up on blocks”? Is his name Bruce and does he have a wife called Cheryl?
7. Does your family regularly eat a dish involving mincemeat, cabbage, curry powder and a packet of chicken noodle soup called either chow mein, chop suey or kai see ming?
8. What are the ingredients in a rissole?
9. Demonstrate the correct procedure for eating a Tim Tam.
10. Do you have an Aunty Irene who smokes 30 cigarettes a day and sounds like a bloke?
11. In any two-hour period have you ever eaten three-bean salad, a chop and two serves of pav washed down with someone else’s beer that has been flogged from a bath full of ice?
12. When you go to a bring- your-own-meat barbie can you eat other people’s meat or are you only allowed to eat your own?
13. What purple root vegetable beginning with the letter “b” is required by law to be included in a hamburger with the lot?
14. Do you own or have you ever owned a lawn mower, a pair of thongs, an Esky or Ugg boots?
15. Is it possible to “prang a car” while doing “circle work”?
16. Who is the most Australian: Kevin “Bloody” Wilson, John “True Blue” Williamson, Kylie Minogue or Warnie?
17. Is there someone you are only mates with because they own a trailer or have a pool? (Yep – thanks James and Fiona, Gary and Fran! )
18. What does Yeah-Nah mean?